Books for the Letter B:
- The Berenstain Bears (lots of books) - By: Stan and Jan Berenstain
- We're Going On a Bear Hunt - By: Michael Rosen
- Berlioz the Bear - By: Jan Brett
- The Big Balloon Race - By: Eleanor Coerr
|Button Project - Use the students Initial or the letter Bb|
- Chrysanthemum - By: Kevin Henkes
- Enemy Pie - Derek Munson
- Big Al - By: Andrew Clements
- The Rainbow Fish - By: Marcus Pfister
- Chester's Way - By: Kevin Henkes
- A Rainbow of Friends - By: P.K. Hallinan
- Friends - By: Helme Heine
- That's What a Friend Is - By: P.K. Hallinan
- Amigo Means Friend - By Louise Everett
- Eight Animals Bake a Cake - By: Susan Middleton Elya
- Just My Friend and Me - By: Mercer Mayer
- How to Lose All Your Friends - By: Nancy Carlson
- It's Okay to Be Different - By: Todd Parr
- We are Best Friends - By: Aliki
- I Can Share - By: Karen Katz
- Sharing: How Kindness Grows - By: Fran Shaw
- Sometimes I Share - By: Carol Nicklaus
|Chrysanthemum Name Quilt|
- Print a large letter B on card stock then have the students glue buttons all over the letter. (The picture is of the letter A because I was working on the students initials vs. letter B)
- Rainbow Fish Art (refer to previous post for details)
- Chrysanthemum Name Quilt (refer to previous post for details)
- Letter Bb Puppet
|Rainbow Fish Art|
Here is the Letter Bb book for information about the book refer to the post on letter Aa. Letter Bb Printable Book
Singing and Rhymes:
Five little bears little bears were dancing on the floor
One fell down and that left four.
Four little bears climbed up a tree
One found a bee hive that left three
Three little bears were wondering what to do
One chased a bunny rabbit that left two.
Two little bears were looking for some fun
One took a swim that left one.
One little bear sitting all alone
He looked all around and then ran home.
Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee:
I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee, won't my mamma be so proud of me I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee Ouch! That bumblebee stung me!
I'm smashing up my baby bumblebee, won't my mamma be so proud of me I'm smashing up my baby bumblebee Yuck! It's all over me!
I'm licking up my baby bumblebee, won't my mamma be so proud of me I'm licking up my baby bumblebee Ugh I don't feel so good!
I'm throwing up my baby bumble bee, won't my mamma be so proud of me I'm throwing up my baby bumblebee. Uh-Oh Here comes Mommy!
- Transition by walking "Backwards"
- Blow Bubbles
- Create the letter Bb by using different types of blocks
- Bounce balls or play basketball
Make a bear mask and pretend to be bears. The kids could even create a den out of a large blanket or sheet draped over chairs or tables.