Adventures in Tutoring

Contact: Erin Jackson 801-376-9765
erinjackson.1234@gmail.com
Located in Spanish Fork, UT

Individual and group tutoring services for students with mild (resource)-severe disabilities.

Speech Therapy for students of all ages.

Preschool services available for children with or without disabilities. Sign up now for fall preschool sessions. Monday, Wednesday, & Friday $75 a month (2 days) $100 a month (3 days). Ages 3-5
In preschool we will work on Zoo-Phonics, beginning numbers, shapes, colors, social skills, behavioral skills, language, communication, fine and gross motor, coloring, writing, cutting, crafts, and music.

Are you worried about your child's progress or regression over the summer months sign up for tutoring to give your kiddos that extra help to put them on the right track for the next school year

Group tutoring with 2-6 students is $15 per hour
Individual tutoring is $25 per hour
Individual tutoring at the child's home starts at $45 per hour
Half Hour Individual tutoring - $15 per half hour

Services Available: Academic Tutoring, Social Skills, Motor Skills both fine and gross motor, Language Skills (speech background), Behavioral Skills (including behavior plans for home/school), Augmentative Communication (PECS-High end Technology) IEP help and support


Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Painting with Q-tips

Painting with Q-tips
Painting with Q-tips


















The letter of the week in preschool is Qq and I wasn't sure what activities to do... Then I had an idea that would not only work on the letter of the week but would also address fine motor skills and artistic fun - painting with Q-tips. I placed a glob of paint on small plastic plates with 2 Q-tips. There were 9 colors to choose from. The kids chose a color and began painting. For the number and letter page I had them create dots using the Q-tips. We called this dot art. I was amazed to see that they were able to stay more closely on the line or in the lines using Q-tips than with crayons. Their motor control was more precise using the Q-tips. Then on the gumball machine with counting I had them paint back and forth with Q-tips. The kids enjoyed both painting techniques.
Painting with Q-tips
Painting with Q-tips

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! LOVE the idea of painting with a q-tip (I always think "quit taking it personally when I hear q-tip). I work with developmental delay and a collection of emotional/behavioral or ASD. They often lack the fine motor control this will be PERFECT for. Thanks for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your definition for q-tip it made me smile. I'm glad this will help with fine motor control.

      Erin

      Delete
  2. Erin,

    Every time I read your blog, I am inspired in some way. When I have a rough day, I think about you not only working with you kiddos at work, but also with your sister. So, I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Stop by my blog and check it out.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always touched to know that I can inspire other individuals who work with kiddos with special needs. Thank you so much for the versatile nomination.
      Erin

      Delete